Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anne and Songs

Digging New Radicals' songs lately. Then some songs from The Cure (always my favorite!) as well. Old school? Well, yeah. I actually find it funny since I think I know more songs from way back than the new songs being played in local radio stations. Even those videos played in MTV (our cable provider no longer gives us MYX)? I think I can name FEW videos? When I say 'FEW', I really mean 'FEW'. So does that mean I'm old? Please, say No.

No idea why I'm not into The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus (correct me if wrong if I misspelled her surname) and all those new acts today. Maybe they're too cute? Maybe they're over-rated? I don't know. Btw, don't you think Miley Cyrus' voice was annoying in the Stand Up for Cancer song? Search it up in YouTube. Tell me what you think. :)

What else? KPop. I'm into KPop these days. I actually started listening to KPop months ago and I'm loving it. The lyrics are driving me crazy so thank god for the English Translations of the songs online! God bless the internet! :)

Anyway, have to study for the exams so leaving you with some videos. Enjoy! :)

New Radicals - You Get What You Give (Live, 1999)

(Wake up kids. We've got the dreamer's disease!)

Michelle Branch - You Get What You Give Cover (Live, 2002)

(Not really bad, Michelle Branch! Cool cover!)

The Cure - In Between Days (Live, 2001)

(Yesterday, I got so old. I felt like I could die.)

The Corrs ft Bono - When the Stars Go Blue (Live, 2005)

(This got to be the best cover of "When the Stars Go Blue".
I think Jason Mraz also did a cover of the song but I just love this more.)

Super Junior - Sorry, Sorry and Why I Like You (Live, 2009)

(My two favorite songs from their latest album. Donghae!)

9 comments:

Xyla said...

Same here. I am not familiar with the new singers, groups etc. Maybe we're on the stage talaga na tumatanda na and we appreciate the songs before than now. Just like our parents. My parents still looks for the songs used to be played in their generation. Haha!

Me too. I am addicted to Kpop. I think I was influenced by my students. Lagi kase nila pinapatugtog and they always tell me to listen to it. Haha!

Anne said...

@ATE XYLA.
Funny thing is, my parents and I are going in opposite directions. I'm digging old songs then they're into new songs. I think I heard my mom singing "Poker Face" the other day. Then my dad was whistling "Nobody" naman. Haha! But yeah, they still love the classics!

I love your photos with your students. They're cute! :) Got Korean classmates in my PE class last sem but wasn't able to bond with them naman though they look really nice and approachable. I wish I can have a Korean friend or whatevs. I'd really like to know more about them. Parang ang nice nila...or not?

Thanks Ate Xy! :)

Maui (Suushh) said...

Sorry to all those who are fans but I hate Miley Cyrus! haha

Anne said...

@Sush. I hate her as well! The thing I don't really get is that she got a lot of fans! Come on!

Jhanz said...

I don't like Miley. Period.

Anyways, Kpop has been one of my friends latest addiction, and yes, I like them as well. :)

Nice songs!
Hope you could drop some love at my new post too. :D

Jam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jam said...

Gadd. How I hate Miley. Hahahaha.

Sha said...

errr yeah, why do miley get a lot of fans? i mean, half the world hates her. still, her name keeps on appearing on the hall of fame list.

Anne said...

Good thing to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like Miley! I thought I don't anyone on my side when it comes to her. Haha!